about each question before you answer and answer honestly remembering that this
is your life and you want to know only the truth for your own protection and
that of your loved ones. Then, check the boxes that apply to you, count the
boxes that you feel apply and click on submit. Then go to the number that
applies and you will see the percentage for your church.
1) Does your group claim to be the only "Way"?
2) Are you told there is no alternative?
3) Are you told leaving means certain degeneration,
death or relapse?
4) Do members see themselves as different from society,
special, chosen pioneers or on a mission?
5) Do you feel strong pressure to conform?
6) Do dissenters face rebuke or isolation?
7) Are there answers, clichés, quotes & slogans for
8) Is your main social life within the group?
9) Do you spend huge amounts of time in group
10) Are you expected to make regular confessions of
11) Do you ask the group for advice on life decisions
12) Are there many "clones" in the group?
13) Do you have a personal mentor, sponsor or inspector?
14) Does the group claim to be ultra democratic?
15) Are there favorites, cliques and secret circles,
16) Are there rituals, initiations, proclamations,
17) Does the group offer certainty over uncertainty;
absolute truths, black and white answers in the name of religion or science?
18) Is a living or dead leader venerated?
19) Do leaders flatter, cajole and rebuke to manipulate
members for control, power, money and/or sex?
20) Has the leader ever been the member of another
political, social or religious sect?
21) Are other groups ridiculed or lied about?
NOTE ON QUESTIONNAIRE
A cult does not have to have all of the characteristics in the table or in the
description alongside. However, if you have answered Yes to more than 30% of
these questions, there is a very good chance that you are in a cult which can
seriously damage your life and health.